Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Powell's Books

I just spent a week in Portland, Oregon, with my girlfriend, and blew a ton of bread in the world famous Powell's Bookstore. It's an enormous place, and I feel like I could spend a year there and still not see everything. It was of course like heaven to me.

Here's what I picked up:

Kobo Abe, The Face of Another
Charles Bukowski, Post Office
William S. Burroughs, The Place of Dead Roads
Lawrence Durrell, The Alexandria Quartet (Justine, Balthazar, Mountolive, Clea)
Lawrence Durrell, Prospero's Cell
William Gaddis, The Recognitions
John Hawkes, Second Skin
Cormac McCarthy, Outer Dark
Andre Malraux, Man's Fate
Henry Miller, The Colossus of Maroussi
Yukio Mishima, The Decay of the Angel 
Yukio Mishima, Runaway Horses 

Currently reading Justine right now. Seems good so far, and I'll have another review up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment